Building your talent pools with QR codes is a simple yet effective way to turn your amazing customers in to your talent with just a scan.
The incorporation of mobile technology into your recruitment process is powerful, cheap and it can help you significantly reduce time to hire, despite the volume challenge recruitment professionals are currently facing.
Due to the easing of lockdown restrictions thousands of short-staffed businesses that are getting set to re-open are wanting to do something about building a talent pool, quickly, at minimal cost.
Nervous furloughed staff went out and got new jobs elsewhere. And/or worried employers made redundancies during the darkest days of lockdown, when business survival wasn’t a given.
If you’re chomping at the bit for the ‘new normal’, you might presume that post-lockdown recruitment will be an employer’s market. You might be right to a degree, due to the sheer unprecedented size of the candidate pool.
But the question is – Does that voluminous candidate pool translate to a quality talent pool for your business? And, furthermore, how quickly and cheaply do you expect to be able to screen up to 200%+ more CVs?
In this article, we’re going to run through the basics of using QR codes to build a talent pool. And also look at the difference QR codes can make to your recruitment process when they’re partnered with the Vacancy Filler Applicant Tracking System.
What are QR Codes?
QR codes are advanced barcodes. They’ve been around since 1994 and they’ve grown in popularity to the extent that they’re now part of our everyday lives, even though they’re not used as widely in the UK as the rest of the world. But things might be changing now that savvy recruiters are using them as part of their talent building process.
They can be designed in a variety of sizes to fit where you want to put them. For example, you can often see a variety of QR codes in hospitality venues, on promo boards outside the premises, on posters on the back of toilet doors, on menus, on postcards in table talkers, at the bottom of receipts.
Yet even the tiniest QR code can pack an almighty punch, introducing users to a volume of information, including –
- A website link.
- A piece of text.
- An audio or video clip.
In addition, there are enhanced versions of QR codes that provide even more functionalities and insights –
- The dynamic QR code processes analytics about when and where a code is scanned.
- The lead generation option captures key contact information such as the name, address, phone number and email address of the users who scan a code.
And, to top it off, QR codes are customisable. You can add your logo, your brand colour/s, and an image to your QR codes.
Use QR Codes to capture talent on the go
QR codes are ingenious little tools to have in your recruitment arsenal.
It's all about having that poster on your office or store frontage. When users scan the QR code, attach their CV and submit it, their application goes straight in to your talent pool.
You can tag it if you’re just promoting one role. Or it can go straight in to the responses for that role, depending on how you want to set things up.
Coupled with your careers page linked to your Applicant Tracking System, the result is a smooth process that’s neither costly nor cumbersome -
- QR code links to careers page – When you link a QR code to your careers page, potential applicants instantly access your job spec when they scan the QR code. Suitable candidates can hit ‘Apply Now’ and complete the online application process on the spot, while they’re keen and in the moment.
Unsuitable candidates will largely be deterred at the onset after reading your job spec, reducing the volume of potentially unsuccessful applications to sift through and administer.
- Careers page links to Vacancy Filler Applicant Tracking System – When your careers page links into a market leading Applicant Tracking System the magic really starts to happen. Your Applicant Tracking System automatically qualifies and ranks applicants, populating your talent pool with suitable candidates for your business. It does so by leveraging CV parsing technology.
- CV parsing on Applicant Tracking System – First off, CV parsing identifies potentially suitable candidates already in your talent pool. This is super-useful to the recruitment process in terms of the time and money it saves. Furthermore, when you’re using QR codes to build a talent pool your Applicant Tracking System auto-selects the new candidates who meet whatever criteria you’ve pre-specified. So, you’re alerted to the best of both worlds – the existing and the new - without minimal manual time and effort.
Reconsider how your recruitment process looks at the moment. And think about the volume challenge recruitment teams nationwide are grappling with. It doesn’t automatically conjure up associations with words like cost-effectiveness and speed, does it?
Yet using QR codes to build a talent pool, seamlessly integrated with your careers page and an Applicant Tracking System, paints a brighter alternative picture.
It’ a method that offers you more and less simultaneously –
- More in terms of casting your net wider. When you’re using QR codes to build a talent pool, literally everybody who comes in to contact with your brand, physically or digitally, is a potential candidate. As a result, the increased exposure to your job vacancies is likely to translate into a higher volume of interest.
- Less in terms of a lesser glut of excessive applications from unsuitable applicants. Because more of them won’t waste their own time, and yours, when they see they don’t fit your job spec.
Does this sound like the ideal solution you need to tackle the challenging months ahead? If so, we’d welcome the opportunity to have a conversation with you.